TEMPORARY PANTRY HOURS
TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS
1:30 - 3:30 P.M.
Pantry Food Distribution - Temporary Changes Amid COVID-19
As the health and safety of Rich Township clients, volunteers and staff are top priorities, The Pantry of Rich Township has modified food distribution service in a manner that allows continued support of clients. Due to the closure of township facilities, The Pantry of Rich Township, Inc. is distributing food as a Drive-Thru Pantry operation on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
For more information, call 708-228-5032. Please leave your name and phone number. Staff will return your call with a specific day and time for you to receive food via the Drive-Thru Pantry.
A Note from the Director
We are so grateful to everyone who has supported our pantry: We could not do this without YOU!
- Individuals, community organizations, churches, and businesses that helped us stock our shelves with their financial support.
- Volunteers that generously served over 14,000 hours in 2019.
- Churches, schools, sororities, businesses, organizations and individuals who hosted food drives and made food and nonfood item donations.
- Everyone that supported our Sunday Extravaganza through sponsorships, ads and items donated for our auctions/raffles and friends attending the event.
Because of your caring support, many children, seniors and families in need are receiving fresh produce, meats, dairy, non-perishables, other food items and non-food items from our pantry. The continued support from our community has been amazing and we are so very thankful! We believe that by working together, we can STOP HUNGER in our communities.
THANK YOU on behalf of all those who were touched by your kindness.
About The Pantry
The Pantry of Rich Township is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization. In 1984 we began on a very small scale. Today we serve about 900 households in the 10 surrounding communities of Rich Township.
Who Is Eligible?
The pantry provides free food to residents of Rich Township, all of Park Forest and the homeless. Households must meet the Emergency Food Program Income Eligibility Guidelines. Click on this link to access the guidelines.
• You will receive three or four bags of groceries.
• You can visit the pantry once every 30 days.
• Baby food and formula are available sometimes.
To Register For The Pantry: Only one account per household address
• Bring a current driver’s license, state ID, piece of mail or utility bill with your name and address, or a letter from your landlord verifying identity and residency
• If you are homeless an ID is not required
• Know your household income
• Know the birthdates of each household member
• If you do not live in the Township you will be given emergency food one time and information on pantries that serve your address
The Pantry of Rich Township, Inc.
22013 Governors Highway
Richton Park IL 60471
Normal Pantry Hours:
Monday through Friday 1:30 to 3:30 pm
First Wednesday of the Month 12:30 to 3:30 pm
Free Fresh Produce Day, All are welcome. There are no residency or income restrictions. Sponsored by the Greater Chicago Food Depository
• Fresh produce is available on the first Wednesday of every month.
• 9:00 to Noon; Line begins at 8:30 am
• Located in the warehouse/garage behind Rich Township’s office, 22013 Governors Highway, Richton Park
• Produce will vary from month to month
Due to inclement weather, there may be a short wait until the delivery truck arrives.
2020 FREE PRODUCE DAY DATES:
No Produce Day in January
April 1 - CLOSED
• $$$ We rely on the generosity of individuals, businesses, schools, community organizations, and ongoing efforts of many local churches. No gift is too small to make a difference in the lives of those in need. Financial donations are used to purchase the food and supplies distributed to our clients.
• Food: All food donations are needed and truly welcomed*
• Organize a Food Drive at your school, work place, church or other membership organization.
*Food Donation Checklist:
We accept items with current “best by” or “use by” dates
All food items must be in original unopened package
Drop food off daily from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
• Non-perishable food items canned, boxed and dry foods
• Fresh vegetables
• Fruit juices; canned, plastic or boxed
• Other healthy, low-fat, low-sodium, low-sugar products
• Zip lock quart and gallon sized bags
• Disposable diapers (adult and infant) all sizes
• Baby formula & food
• Personal care products such as: band aids, body soap, lotion, deodorant, razors, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc. • Paper goods
The Pantry would not exist without the help of Community Volunteers. Volunteers repackage food, shelf inventory, pack bags, distribute food, greet and assist clients organize food drives. The also help plan fundraisers, walk to help STOP HUNGER, set up and run Free Produce Day and much more. In 2019 friends & neighbors volunteered over 14,000 hours. We couldn’t do this without your help. Please call Odette at 708-228-5032 to volunteer or for more information.
Volunteer Application click here.
Throughout the year, the pantry hosts or participates in various fundraising events.
Now you can support the food pantry, buying on Amazon! Click the link to get started! Amazon
IGive Shop more than 2000 stores that will donate a portion of your purchase to the Pantry. https://www.iGive.com/G0f0wB
South Suburban Crop Hunger Walk April 26, 2020
Our team is helping to end hunger one step at a time by participating in this year's VIRTUAL (Due to COVID 19) CROP Hunger Walk.
The 41st Crop Hunger Walks is a community-wide event sponsored by Church World Service and organized by religious groups, businesses, schools and others to raise funds to end hunger in the U.S. and around the world. Every year a portion of the proceeds is donated to our pantry. Please support us by making a donation and join us on the VIRTUAL Walk!
This is the link to join our team. https://www.crophungerwalk.org/homewoodil/thepantryofrichtownship
4th Annual Family and Friends Bowing – To be announced
Greater Chicago Food Depository, 35th Hunger Walk – September 12, 2020
Sunday Extravaganza, 30th Annual Fundraiser, Matteson Holiday Inn, October 18, 2020
Access to Care: The Pantry of Rich Township is a designated site to apply for this program.
It is a non-profit primary health care program for low-income, uninsured or underinsured residents of suburban Cook County and Northwest Chicago. Clients enjoy benefits of: $5 primary care doctor visits, $5 labs and x-rays, and prescription medications of $15 to $40. www.accesstocare.org
The Pantry will be closed in 2020 on
New Year’s Day Jan. 1 Wednesday
Martin Luther King Jr’s BD Jan. 20 Monday
President’s Day Feb. 17 Monday
Casimir Pulaski Day March 2 Monday
Good Friday April 10 Friday
Memorial Day May 25 Monday
Independence Day July 3 Friday
Labor Day Sept. 7 Monday
Columbus Day Oct. 12 Monday
Veterans Day Nov. 11 Wednesday
Thanksgiving Nov. 26 Thursday
Thanksgiving Nov. 27 Friday
Christmas Eve Dec. 24 Thursday
Christmas Day Dec. 25 Friday
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ANY OF THE ABOVE, PLEASE CONTACT: