Fall into the Holidays with the
26th Annual Fall Fashion Show!
Scroll down for more information
The Pantry provides food at no cost to low-income residents of the Township and all of Park Forest who meet the Department of Human Services guidelines.
If you find yourself in need of assistance, you can come to The Pantry once every 30 days. You will receive groceries that will help stretch monthly dollars. Please bring a current drivers license, Illinois I.D., or current bill of the month with your name on it, each time you visit The Pantry. The pantry is open from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. To contact the pantry call 708-748-6722 and ask for Vicki Sline.
About the Pantry:
"The Pantry" of Rich Township is a not-for-profit organization. We provided food at no cost to about 1000 low-income families who reside in the 10 surrounding communities of Rich Township. All monetary donations are allocated to purchasing food to replenish the pantry shelves. For every dollar donated four (4) meals will be purchased. We depend on churches, community groups and individuals to help fill our pantry shelves, so donations are always welcome! We also accept foods daily from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
Fresh Produce Program:
Fresh produce is available at Rich Township on the first Wednesday of every month from 10:00 to Noon. Produce will vary from month to month.This program is sponsored by the Chicago Food Depository. Residents can begin lining up at 9:30 when the garage is open. However, please keep in mind that at times there may be a short wait until the delivery truck arrives.
- Non-perishable food itmes canned, boxed and dry foods
- Ziplock quart and gallon sized bags
- Disposable diapers (adult and infant) all sizes
- Baby formula
- Personal care products such as:
- bar soap
The Pantry is also a designated site for applying for Access to Care, a non-profit primary health care program for low-income uninsured residents of suburban Cook County and northwest Chicago.
Throughout the year, The Pantry hosts various fundraising events. Please contact the Township at 708.748.6722 if you have any questions or would like to purchase tickets. You may also reach Vickie Sline via email by clicking here.
Information for the 26th Annual Fall Fashion Show!
- Sunday, October 16, 2016
- Social hour begins at 12:30 followed by the luncheon at 1:30 and the fashion show will begin at 2:15.
- Tickets are $45 each or $450 per table, must be paid for in advance.
- The event will be at the Holiday Inn Matteson, located at 500 Holiday Plaza Dr., Matteson
- There will be raffle tickets ($1 each or 6 for $5), 50/50 cash split ($1 each), and a silent auction
- The silent auction consists of many sports memorabilia, celebrity auction items,jewelry, and a large selection of various gift baskets.